Monday, May 7, 2012

Quick Pickled Grape Tomatoes

I first had these pickled tomatoes at a restaurant where they were served as a component of a mixed pickled vegetable side dish alongside of a sandwich (burger?) I ordered for lunch. I've long since forgotten what I ordered for lunch, but these tomatoes made such an impression that I immediately tried to hunt down a recipe. This recipe from Epicurious is simple and very close to the original.

Combine ¾ c. cider vinegar, ¾ c. water, 4 tsp kosher salt, 2 tsp sugar, 1 strip lemon peel, ¼ c. fresh dill, 2 garlic cloves sliced, ¼ tsp dried red pepper with 12 oz cherry/grape tomatoes (first pierce tomatoes with toothpick). Marinate in fridge for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days. Perfect for snacking or as a garnish for sandwiches or cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment